Recipe Corner: Spicy Maple Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the syrup, hot sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place wings in a large bowl; pour sauce over and toss to coat. Yield: about 2 dozen.
The Taste of Home Cooking School is America’s leading cooking school program, inspiring more than 150,000 passionate home chefs at approximately 250 events nationwide. Attendees experience exciting recipe demonstrations using ingredients that are easily found at the local grocery store and best of all, the dishes are submitted by home cooks from across the country.