To Do This Weekend: Hamburg’s Burgerfest
This weekend, check out the town that is the birthplace of what many people think of when they think of American fare. It's the hamburger and it was named here!
Did you know that the first hamburger was created at the Erie County Fair? The date was 1885, and 100 years later, Burgerfest was born. It was created to be a celebration of the birth of the hamburger, and it has grown immensely over the last 34 years.
Now it's a full blown festival with music, food, and entertainment across Main and Buffalo Streets in the village of Hamburg.
Here's the schedule for events on Main Street this weekend:
- Rotary Club of Hamburg KeyBank Car Show (Registration starts at 9a.m. on Main Street, runs Noon –4pm with 41 classes and awards. More info here.
- Dennis George, The Quizmaster
- Mike Margerum & the Nickel City Road Show
- “Magic” on Main Street— BurgerFest’s showcase of the talents of local youth, including performances of dance, martial arts, cheerleading & more.....
- Northwest Kids Space—fun for the young & young at heart. Arts, crafts, inflatables, etc. for little ones.
- Local merchants & not-for-profits.
- Entertainment/refreshment tent adjacent to the Main Stage.
For more info on musical acts and restaurants that are part of Burgerfest, go to hamburgburgerfest.com