Go Inside One Local School District Plans For Re-Opening [LIST]
One of the biggest unknowns for parents in Western New York is what will school look like when the fall semester begins.
My son Avry will be a Sophmore at Sweet Home High School and I wanted to let you take a peek at the proposed plan for the Sweet Home district. Most districts were working together so I think most schools in WNY will have similar plans.
Here are some of the highlights of the re-opening plan;
- The School district is recommending using the Hybrid model for a mix of in-school and remote learning. The other models include in-school full time and remote learning full time
- The school year would start on Friday, September 12th with remote learning for all students and then the Hybrid model would begin on Monday, September 15th.
- The district would then re-evaluate what plan works best on September 29th.
- The classrooms would be reconfigured to allow 6 feet of social distancing
- Masks and other PPE items would be purchased. The school will also have a ten-week supply of masks for all students and employees on hand in case someone forgets their mask.
- Every school will have schedule "mask breaks" where students can remove their masks and maintain a safe distance.
While each school district will submit its own plans and recommendations, just know each district has the safety of the students and staff as the highest priority.