Top 10 Ways To Do The Erie County Fair Cheap
It's almost time for the 178th Erie County Fair! After the tornado hit the fair grounds there was some worry about if the fair would be able to go on. Not only will the fair continue but nothing has been canceled! It's going to be the best 12 Days of Summer for sure!
If you want to make the most out of your fair experience you're going to want to be able to do a lot but you may not have the funds! Well. we have the best ways to save at the fair this year!
- Buy Your Tickets Early –
The Erie County Fair has teamed up with Tops Friendly Markets to offer cheaper advance sale tickets! They're $7 per adult and $5 per senior (60+). You can get them now through August 8th and just take them to any fair gate. Just ask your cashier at checkout!
- Bring The Kids –
Kids 12 and under are ALWAYS free at the Fair!
- Take Advantage Of Fair Promotions -
The Erie County Fair will partner with the Food Bank of WNY on Opening Day to help fill their warehouse with canned goods. You can get FREE admission to the Fair on Wednesday, August 9th with the donation of a canned food. You can start bringing your canned goods at 12pm!
- Visit On TV Days –
- WGRZ Channel 2 Day, Wednesday, August 9th. $2 admission, $2 parking (Gates open at noon)
- WIVB Channel 4 Day, Thursday, August 10th. $4 admission, $4 parking
- WKBW Channel 7 Day. Tuesday, August 15th. $5 admission all day
- One Price Ride Day - Take advantage of one price ride days. $25 weekdays* (*Monday-Friday), Save $5 on your weekday* ride voucher when you purchase your ticket now through August 8th at Tops Friendly Markets. Ask your cashier at checkout! $40 weekend wristbands are available at the Fair only. You can also purchase a Strates Shows Fun Card with 70 ride credits for $23. This offer is available at ECFair.org until August 8th .
- SERVICE MEMBER DAY - All firefighters and auxiliary members receive FREE admission with proper ID on Firefighters Day, Friday, August 11th. Veterans, active military and auxiliary members with proper ID receive FREE admission on August 13th.
- EARLY BIRD SPECIAL DAYS (Monday-Friday) PAYS OFF – Arrive before 11am on August 11th or between August 14th and 18th and get into the Fair for only $5
- STUDENTS SAVINGS – Teens and young adults can meet their friends at the Fair. Students with proper school ID ages 13-22 pay just $5 after 5pm every day.
- CHEAP EATS - During the Taste of the Fair on Monday, August 14th, over 100 vendors will be offering food items for just $2.00. Other food discounts during the Fair include our $6 commemorative, souvenir mug featuring $3.00 refills all day at participating vendors.
Buck-A-Roos, a concession stand near Kiddieland, features 10 items for $2 each.Eat at the 4-H Cafe located at the bottom of avenue of flags! Low priced healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner! Indoor (air conditioned) and outdoor seating. Plus all profits support scholarships for local(ErieCounty) kids!Bring Your Own - Unlike other major WNY attraction, concerts or sporting events, Fairgoers can bring in coolers with food and drink, set up for the entire day at one of our many picnic areas (no alcohol or glass bottles please). Visit ecfair.org to download 30 food coupons for Fair vendors as an extra bonus.
10. FREE ENTERTAINMENT – There is free, live entertainment all over the Fairgrounds! Two FREE Gusto Grandstand Concerts
Thursday, August 10th - The Bellamy Brothers & John Conlee
Friday, August 11th - Mr. Speed, the “World’s Best KISS Tribute Band.”