Throwback Thursday: Comedy Movies of the 1990’s
It's Throwback Thursday and this week we go back to what I consider the greatest decade...the 1990's! If you were lucky enough to live through that decade you know what I'm talking about.
Some of the best comedies of all time have come from the 1990's, including Happy Gilmore, Tommy Boy, Groundhog Day, and all 4 Bills Superbowls.
Here is a list of what I think are the top 10 comedy movies of the '90s. These are in no particular order, because who am I to judge!
1. Groundhog Day - 'My Dad was a piano mover so...' This Bill Murray classic is timeless...literally.
2. Austin Powers - Mike Myers movies appear a few times on this list because he was that good. 'Yeah baby...yeahhhhh!'
3. Wayne's World - 'Just because we broke up doesn't mean we can't still go out'. 'Actually it does.' Come on, this movie is great!
4. Tommy Boy - This movie exploded Spade and Farley's careers. 'You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bulls a$$ but I'd rather take the butchers word for it!'
5. Friday - So many great quotes from this film including: 'How are you going to get fired on your day off?', 'You got knocked the F#*% out!', and of course 'Bye Felicia'.
6. Rush Hour - The pairing of Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker was comedy gold. This was Chris Tucker at his absolute best. I still can't understand the words coming out of Jackie's mouth!!
7. Ace Ventura: Pet Detective - Jim Carrey is a comedy icon, but back in 1994 he was still making a name for himself. 'Laces out Dan!!'
8. Billy Madison - Our favorite spoiled rich kid gets to go back to school starting with Kindergarten. Sandler nails it...and his teacher!
9. Office Space - The poor guy just wants his stapler back! Plus we have all worked for a Lumbergh...and Jennifer Aniston is hot. It's a must see.
10. Dumb and Dumber - So you're telling me there's a chance! Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels crush it. If you haven't seen this movie there is actually something wrong with you.