Joe’s Weekend Picks for April 4-6th
Spring has sprung and it’s time for you to get out of the house this weekend!
One of the greatest things about Buffalo is the abundance of local restaurants and incredible chefs. This weekend you can eat your way through the Elmwood Village with Buffalo Bites Food Tours and burn off all those calories with a walking tour stopping at restaurants, cafes and boutique food shops. Along the way you’ll also explore the beautiful architecture, learn about the history of Buffalo and find out what makes the Elmwood Village such a great community to work, play and live in.
Speaking of food…Buffalo Restaurant Week wraps up this weekend but there is still time to check out that new place you’ve been dying to try. Over fifty restaurants are offering deals for just $20.14 this week so you have plenty of choices to take your date that doesn’t have a drive-thru window.
Need a ideas to get that appetite going? Here are a few of my favorites in Buffalo where you can catch a great meal and a great deal this week, in alphabetical order for your reading pleasure…
- Betty’s – A funky, creative neighborhood restaurant welcomes new faces with open arms, plus they have a pretty awesome brunch!
- Black Rock Kitchen & Bar – On Amherst St in the Black Rock neighborhood (obviously), this incredible restaurant has a short menu but everything is done perfectly, once it warms up a few degrees, BRKB also has one of the best patios in the city.
- Cantina Loco – It’s Spanish for the crazy cantina, or something like that. Mike A never disappoints in any of his restaurant ventures, from sushi, steak, Italian and of course Mexican here. Sitting prominently on the corner of Elmwood and Allen, Cantina offers up great food and one hell of a tequila bar. Don’t worry about going south of the border, just head over to Allentown for a burrito.
- Duke’s Bohemian Grove Bar – or DBGB’s for short. Some may disagree but this is by far my favorite bar/restaurant on Allen St. The bartenders are always awesome, the food is incredible and they have live music every single day. 3 out of 3, that’s pretty good in my book.
- Gabriel’s Gate – Again, I know some people will disagree with me on this one, but…they have the best wings in the city. Hands down.
- Kennedy’s Cove – Take a trip to the ‘burbs for one of the best steaks around. Two words for you: Blackened Filet.
- SATO – Great new restaurant on Elmwood featuring Ramen…no not the 25 cent packs of noodles you got through college on. Definitely worth checking out, plus a great Sake selection, who doesn’t love that?
- Tabree – Quite possibly the best restaurant in all of WNY, I can’t think of anywhere else where I’ve had a better meal, start to finish. Fresh local pork, creative recipes, classic cocktails with top-shelf ingredients, you couldn’t ask for anything more than what Chef Wieszala has to offer.
- Torches – Owned and operated by Chefs Kevin and JJ Richert, these brothers put their own spin on traditional plates. Where else can you get a lasagna cupcake or a steak crusted in Tim Horton’s coffee. Does it sound ridiculous? Yes. Is it delicious? Absolutely.