Jack FM Calls Out Christmas Carols
Have you ever heard something in a Christmas song that strikes you the wrong way? Maybe a little inappropriate? Maybe a little creepy?
Christmas songs contain harsh realities and deep lies that they try to cover up with the sound of jingle bells and cheer. But we're not stupid! Here are 10 Christmas songs that we'd like to call out:
1. 12 Days of Christmas
2. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
3. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
4. Santa Baby
"Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed
Next year I could be oh so good
If you'd check off my Christmas list
Boo doo bee doo"
5. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
6. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
7. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
"He sees you when you're sleeping,
He knows when you're awake,
He knows when you've been good or bad"
8. All I Want for Christmas is YOU.
9. You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
"Your soul is an apalling dump-heap,
Overflowing with the most disgraceful
assortment of deplorable rubbish imaginable,
Mangled-up in tangled-up knots!"