Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall! 8 Things We’ll Miss
This might be a little premature, but given the cooler temps and rain we’ve seen recently (and the fact that the leaves have actually been falling all summer due to near-drought conditions), it’s time to face the facts: Summer is coming to an end, and for a number of reasons — eight to be exact — we’ll miss you, old friend.
- Driving to work with the windows down and the music pumping is so much more enjoyable than driving in a steel/aluminum bubble.
- Farmers markets.
- Nothing compares to a pint of shandy or a margarita when mercury hits the 85-degree mark.
- Whacking golf balls at the driving range, preferably with one of the aforementioned adult beverages nearby.
- Shows at the Harbor, Artpark and the Canal in Lockport.
- Festivals galore. Juneteenth, Allentown, Infringement, Greek, Lebanese, Taste of Buffalo, etc.
- The Bisons. Sure, they’re pretty awful this year, but for people who simply like the novelties of baseball — peanuts, popcorn, Conehead — a game makes for an entertaining evening.
But it’s not all bad news. With fall comes the Bills, awesome smells, pumpkin everything, and — only about two months away at this point — Halloween. The costume brainstorm session starts now.