Dispose of Household Waste for FREE – Details
The first one was a huge success and now there is another one just around the corner. Erie County will be hosting another waste disposal event on August 11th! Not all of the items that you clean out in your house and garage can be set on the curb for normal pick up. A lot of it is hazardous and shouldn't be in a landfill. Erie County has set up a day where you can take these hazardous materials a drop them off for proper disposal for FREE!
- Aug. 11th - Erie Community College North Campus (1982 Wehrle Dr, Buffalo, 14221) between 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Erie County is asking that you enter from the Wehrle Drive entrance and give yourself at least an hour for the car to be unloaded.
Items to dispose at drop off sites per erie.gov:
- motor oils
- brake & transmission fluids
- oil-based paints (no latex based paints)
- paint strippers and thinners
- spray paints
- kerosene & other solvents
- pool chemicals
- Rechargeable Batteries: nickel cadmium, nickel-metal-hydride, lead-acid (auto/truck/boat/motorcycle/tractor), lithium, lithium-ion, and button (watch/calculator) batteries. For year-round battery disposal information, visit Call2Recycle.org.