Buffalo Niagara International Airport Getting a $65 Million Renovation
It looks like the Buffalo Airport is going to be making some changes in the next couple years. It was announced that the airport would be undergoing a $65 million renovation through 2019. Just to note some of the renovations include:
- Changes to the baggage claim
- New kids play area
- A technology workplace area with phone charging station
- A revamp to the bus loading zone
- More curb space at drop off and pick up for both departures and arrivals
- Moving the Lake Erie Grill
According to WKBW, the funding for the project is coming from "passenger facility charges collected from tickets sold at the airport and funds from the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) as well as state sources".
Construction should start this year and be completed by 2019.
We spoke to Bill Vanisek the Director of Aviation at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport about the upcoming renovations.