Buffalo-made Playboy Motor Car to hold car show reunion
I never new that Playboy Motor Car was made in Buffalo! Well, Playboy car enthusiasts are invited out to a car show revival of the brand on August 5th! Get the details here!
Credit: Franksrailworld Frank via Youtube
According to ForeverYoungWNY.com, "The Playboy Motor Car Corporation was founded in Buffalo in 1947 to make small cars, smaller than the original Volkswagen Beetle, for a post-World War II America with spending and suburban life on its mind. These little cars had a target price of $900. Playboy made one prototype, ninety-seven manufactured cars with serial numbers, and one unfinished car left on the assembly line before the money ran out. One is now in the downtown Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum."
Now, on Sunday, August 5, Playboy enthusiasts will host a car show at Paddock Chevrolet in Kenmore. At least fourteen of Playboys are expected to be there. The event will be held at Paddock Chevrolet, located at 3232 Delaware Ave in Kenmore, from 11 am to 4 pm! You can get more details on the 70th reunion here!
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 2018 $5 Canalside Summer Concerts Series
- 2018 Summer Food and Drink Festivals in Buffalo, WNY and Canada Guide! [List]
- 2018 Spring and Summer Shows and Concerts Guide
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]