Buffalo: How To Become An Uber Driver!
Time to make some easy money!
Uber and Lyft will be in Buffalo in July 9 so, to get yourself set up, here are some of the things you have to know and keep in mind. You can start applying today to be an Uber or Lyft driver this Summer when the official date begins by the New York DMV.
Anybody can drive with Uber, although there are a few minimum requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have at least one year of driving experience in the U.S. (3 years if you are under 23 years old)
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle
Need the following documents:
- A valid U.S. driver’s license
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- After signing up, take a few minutes to start a screening online. It’ll review your driving record and criminal history.
To be an Uber driver, you must have a valid background check from the police, a newer four-door car, and you pass an interview. This is equivalent to what is required of taxi drivers. Both passengers and drivers are rated after each trip on a scale from 1 to 5