Bills Schedule Recap: The NFL Hates Us
The NFL released the season schedule today so now we know the fate of our Buffalo Bills. One thing is clear…the schedule makers still don’t like us. Unfortunately whether they like us or not doesn’t matter, we need to start winning games.
If you haven’t seen the schedule yet, it is below along with my comments on each game. Put your big girl Zubaz on, it’s going to be a long season…
2017 Buffalo Bills Schedule (Home games bolded)
- Sunday, September 10, 1pm – vs. New York Jets: We open the season with a drubbing of the Jets and we will act like we are going to the Superbowl. Win
- Sunday, September 17, 1pm – at Carolina: First road game of the season and the Bills play like it’s their first game ever. Loss
- Sunday, September 24, 1pm – vs. Denver: I’m looking forward to this game. We finally beat up the Bronco and at 2-1 feel like a force in the AFC. Win
- Sunday, October 1, 1pm – at Atlanta: This is where reality sets in and the Superbowl runner up takes out their New England aggression on us. Loss
- Sunday, October 8, 1pm – at Cincinnati: We mangle the Bengal and jump out to 3-2, get the parade route ready!! Win
- BYE WEEK: Always seems to hit when we are on a winning streak. Thanks NFL.
- Sunday, October 22, 1pm – vs. Tampa Bay: There was a time when this was an easy win, but unfortunately it will be an ugly loss. Loss
- Sunday, October 29, 1pm – vs. Oakland: Back to back home losses will be a tough pill to swallow, but hey we should be used to that by now! Loss
- Thursday, November 2, 8:25pm – at New York Jets: Look at that, we actually get 1 Primetime game and it’s on the road against the Jets. Thanks NFL. Win
- Sunday, November 12, 1pm – vs. New Orleans: We beat the Saints and feel like our season is back on track, but that’s mostly just the beer talking. Win
- Sunday, November 19, 4:05pm – at LA Chargers: West Coast trip just in time to derail our season. Loss
- Sunday, November 26, 1pm – at Kansas City: We will be tomahawked right out of the stadium. Loss
- Sunday, December 3, 1pm – vs. New England: I refuse to go to this game because I am a grown man whose 40 and can’t handle it. Loss
- Sunday, December 10, 1pm – vs. Indianapolis: We win this game and it gives us false hope that there is still a chance, as long as 14 other things happen and we win out. Win
- Sunday, December 17, 1pm – vs. Miami: We squish the fish and it feels like we are really going to pull this off yet! Win
- Sunday, December 24, 1pm – at New England: Tom Brady ruins Christmas and makes us remember that we haven’t made the playoffs in 17 years. Loss
- Sunday, December 31, 1pm – at Miami: We finish off the year with a miserable loss to the Dolphins. I make the claim that I will never get season tickets again (but don’t really mean it). Loss
I have our season ending at 7-9 and looking frighteningly similar to seasons past. Do you see it any different? Let me know in the comments section and GO BILLS!