An Ode to Dad.
Today is Father’s Day! And in honor of all fathers out there, I’d like to share a list I’ve made. Similar to my Mother’s Day “Dumb Things Moms Say,” here are some doozies I’ve heard from various dads over my lifetime:
– I used to walk up hill – in the snow – both ways – to and from school
– (To a teenager) You can drink, but if you smoke, I’ll kill you
– If you ever get pregnant, I’ll kill you
– You need to have a job. Get a job. Except when I come to visit, then you need to take off work. Tell them it’s OK, because your dad is visiting. They’ll understand.
– “Swimming pool” is only spelled with one M
– Your friend is hot
– I was at your dance recital. I just sat in the back. The very back.
– (To daughter) I’ve always wanted a son
– You need a computer for college? OK, I’ll get you a necklace.
– I really love those Chinese schmorgashboard restaurants (Yes, the misspelling is intentional)
Happy Father’s Day!