5 New Freedoms for North Korea
Aside from his stunning fashion sense, Kim Jong-il ruled North Korea with an iron fist since 1994. Since everyone else is talking about his life, we came up with 5 reasons to celebrate the death of the Wicked Witch of the North…Korea, that is.
1. Say Hello to McDonalds! North Koreans can finally get something to eat! Kim Jong-il spent his free time living it up, while his people starved. He called for aid several times, taking a lot of heat from Human Rights groups. Maybe he should have built a few McDonald’s franchises instead. Finally, North Korea is free to have a Big Mac like the rest of us.Oh, wait. His son Kim Jung-un will have none of that.
2. Call Of Duty Nuking Only. The creation and solid establishment of a nuclear program by the Korean leader irritated quite a few nations, including the country’s southern half. With all the nuclear potential, international authorities couldn’t help but step in like an overbearing mother. Playing with deadly explosives is bad, but in video games- it’s pretty cool!
3. Turn up the volume, North Korea! Without Kim Jong-il controlling the airwaves, you can listen to Jack FM all you want. Only problem is, like Kim Jong-il, Jack FM doesn’t take requests either. So you may be going from one dictator to another.
4. No more jumpsuits. Not in beige, not in green, not even in grey. None. Enough said. But if you miss it that much, you can check out this Huffington Post slideshow of his styles through the years.
5. Farewell to the Puppet. Although mourning was mandated from the announcement of his death until December 29th, it will not take North Korea as long as it will take North America to heal from the loss. Come on, the best part of the Team America: World Police movie was seeing our evil little friend singing as a puppet. Check out his most popular hit below.
Sadly, the most important thing we’re going to miss about Kim Jong-il are the blogs posts about him looking at stuff. Comic Gold!!!
Contributed by JACK FM’s Sommer O’ Donnell-Jung Il